Universal Studios Hollywood Sweepstakes
SMART & FINAL OFFICIAL RULES 2019
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS IN THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
- PROMOTION PERIOD: The Universal Studios Hollywood Smart & Final Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:00:01 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) on August 7, 2019 and ends at 11:59:59 PM Pacific Time (“PT”) on September 3, 2019 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). By participating in the Sweepstakes, you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements and acknowledge that failure to meet all eligibility requirements will disqualify you from participating in the Sweepstakes.
- HOW TO ENTER: There are 3 ways to enter:
Entry Method #1. Online Entry–No Purchase:
During the Sweepstakes Period, go online to www.NoPurchaseEntry.com to complete the form to request a Sweepstakes Entry Code (“Entry Code”) to be sent via email. Once you receive your Entry Code, the email will include a link to the online Registration Website (as defined below) and instructions to complete Sweepstakes Online Entry form. Online Entries must be submitted by 11:59:59 PM (PT) on September 3, 2019.
b.) Entry Method #2. On-Line Entry – With Purchase:
During the Sweepstakes Period, when you make a $30.00 minimum purchase at a participating Smart & Final store, the qualifying register receipt will print a sweepstakes Entry Code and instructions for online registration. Online purchases excluded. Alcohol, fluid dairy, gift cards and sales tax are excluded from the minimum purchase amount. Go online to www.Sweepstakes-Offer.com (the Registration Website) to complete the online registration form and submit your entry as instructed in order to enter the Sweepstakes. Online entries must be submitted by 11:59:59PM (PT) on September 3, 2019.
c.) Entry Method #3. Mail In:
On a plain piece of 3” x 5” paper, hand print your complete name, email address, age, daytime and evening telephone numbers, including area code (optional; if you do not have a telephone, indicate “No Phone.”), Participating Store name and store number (available from the Participating Store). Mail-in entries must be in a hand addressed, business-size (#10) envelope with first-class postage affixed, to:
Universal Studios Hollywood Smart & Final Sweepstakes
PO Box 1540
Garden Grove, CA 92842
All mail-in entries must be postmarked by 5:00PM (PT) September 3, 2019 and received by 10:00AM (PT) September 6, 2019. Entrants may enter only by using the entry methods described in these Official Rules. Limit of one (1) entry per stamped envelope.
No mechanical or facsimile reproduced entries will be accepted. Illegible and/or incomplete entries are void. Limit one (1) entry per household, regardless of method of entry, during Sweepstakes Period. Entries that have been generated by a script, macro, bot or any other automated means, and entries made on an entrant’s behalf by any other individuals or any other entity, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes/subscription notification and/or entering services, will be deemed void and disqualified. The Sponsor is not responsible for any incomplete, cancelled and/or declined or previously used unique entry codes. The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any and all entries tied back to any entrant who enters the Sweepstakes using multiple email addresses or under multiple identities. An automated computer receipt (such as one confirming delivery of email) does not constitute proof of actual receipt by Sponsor for purposes of these Official Rules. All entries, regardless of entry method, become the Sponsor’s property and will not be returned or acknowledged. Failure to comply with this or any other Official Rule will result in disqualification. Official Rules & regulations available in-store upon request and online at www.Sweepstakes-Offer.com
- RANDOM DRAWING: Winners will be selected in a random drawing to be conducted on or about September 18, 2019 among all eligible entries received from methods combined by Sponsor or it’s designee. The decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding. The potential winners of the Grand Prize will be notified by email, mail or phone to confirm winner. The potential winners of the First Prize will be sent an email to notify them they have won. Winner will have 5 days to reply via email with mailing address to send sweepstakes prize tickets. The First Prize will be mailed to the address winner provides in his/her email reply. If winner does not reply within 5 days of winner email notification sent, prize will be awarded to an alternate winner. Fulfillment of all prizes estimated to be completed by October 31, 2019. Limit of one (1) winner per person/household. Odds of winning a Prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received. If winner is unreachable, or if winner is unavailable for prize fulfillment, an alternate winner will be selected at random from all remaining eligible entries received. Decisions of The Remington Group as judges are final.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Universal Studios Hollywood Smart & Final Sweepstakes is open only to individuals who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry and legal residents of California, Nevada or Arizona. Employees of Universal Studios Hollywood, Smart & Final Stores LLC, Stellar Jones Inc. dba: Stellar Marketing Solutions, Remington Sales and Marketing LLC dba: The Remington Group and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers, vendors, distributors and any other individuals or companies involved in the development and/or the execution of the Sweepstakes, and their immediate family members (mother, father, sister, brother, husband, wife, daughter, son and their respective spouses) and/or those living in the same household, whether or not related (the “Promotional Participants”) are not eligible to enter or win. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void in all other areas and where prohibited by law.
- PRIZES & APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES:
There will be Three (3) Grand Prize Winners – Each Grand Prize (“Grand Prize”) winner will receive Four (4) California Neighbor Passes and One (1) night hotel accommodations (one room, quadruple occupancy, room and tax only) for up to Four (4) guests at the Sheraton Universal Hotel in Universal City, California. First visit must occur on or before January 31, 2020. Pass valid for 9 months from first visit date; and one (1) night standard hotel accommodation for up to four (4) guests at the Sheraton Universal Hotel in Universal City, approximately valid until December 31, 2020.
The Approximate Retail Value (ARV) for each Grand Prize is One Thousand Fifty-Six and 00/100 Dollars ($1,056.00); total ARV for the Grand Prizes is Three Thousand One Hundred Sixty-Eight and 00/100 Dollars ($3,168.00). If the actual value of the Grand Prize is lower than the stated value in these Official rules when the prize is fulfilled, then the difference will not be awarded in cash or merchandise. An IRS form 1099 will be filed in the name of the Grand Prize winner after the prize is awarded. Prize tickets will be delivered via United States Postal Service (“USPS”) registered mail to the address submitted for sweepstakes registration. Promotional Participants are not responsible for tickets once delivery confirmation is received from USPS. Limit one (1) Universal Hollywood sweepstakes prize per household with in a one-year (365 days) period.
There will be Two Hundred (200) First Prize Winners. Each First Prize Winner will receive two (2) General Admission Tickets to Universal Studios Hollywood (“Prize”), valid approximately through January 31, 2020. Estimated Retail Value (“ERV”) of First Prize is Two Hundred Twenty-Eight and 00/100 Dollars ($228.00) per 2-pack of Tickets. ERV of all First Prizes is Forty-Eight Thousand Seven Hundred Sixty-Eight and 00/100 Dollars ($ 48,768.00). Actual Retail Value (“ARV”) of First Prize may vary. Any difference between ERV and ARV will not be awarded. Further terms, black-out dates, and restrictions may apply as stated on actual tickets. There are no exchanges for these tickets. First Prize tickets will be delivered via United States Postal Service (“USPS”) registered mail to the address submitted for sweepstakes registration. Promotional Participants are not responsible for tickets once delivery confirmation is received from USPS. Limit one (1) Universal Hollywood sweepstakes prize per household with in a one-year (365 days) period.
- OTHER EXPENSES: All other expenses, including but not limited to transportation, travel, parking, meals, incidental expenses, tips, and taxes will be the responsibility of the winner. It is the responsibility of the winner to comply with all local state and federal tax laws pertaining to acceptance of the prize. No substitution or transfer of prizes or cash equivalent is permitted.
- GENERAL: Void where prohibited by law. Promotional Participants and their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees (collectively, “Released Parties”) are not responsible for problems uploading or downloading any Sweepstakes-related information or materials from the progressive web app or for any other technical malfunctions of electronic equipment, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failures, phone lines, failure of any Entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, traffic, congestion on the internet or the Mobile app, or for any other technical problems including telecommunication, miscommunication or failure, and failed, lost, delayed, incomplete, garbled or misdirected communications which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in this Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for any other errors or malfunctions of any kind, whether network, printing, typographical, human or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or malfunctions which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of any prize or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Mass entries or entries generated by a script, macro or use of automated devices will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes in the event it becomes infected by a computer virus or is otherwise technically impaired, and to cancel or suspend the Sweepstakes in its entirety should tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or other causes corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play of the Sweepstakes, and, if terminated, at Sponsor’s discretion, determine winner using all non-suspect, eligible Sweepstakes entries received up to time of cancellation. In the event of a dispute, regarding entries received from multiple users having the same email and/or credit/debit card account, the authorized subscriber of the email or the authorized card member of credit/debit account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. An authorized subscriber of an email account is the natural person who is assigned the email address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of this Sweepstakes or the progressive web app, intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrant, Sponsor or any of its representatives or to otherwise be acting in violation of these Official Rules and void all associated entries. CAUTION: Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any progressive web app or undermine the legitimate operations of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law and to disqualify such entrant from the Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for the actions of entrants in connection with the Sweepstakes, including entrants’ attempts to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. Any attempt to cheat by creating fake reservations will be looked upon very seriously, and can result in immediate and permanent ban, and possible further action. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Administrator may permanently disqualify any person it believes has intentionally violated these Official Rules. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of Prize by winner permitted. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of winner. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Any and all costs and fees not specifically included in Prize description are the responsibility of the Prize winners. All materials submitted become the property of Universal Studios Hollywood (the “Sponsor” (Universal Studios Hollywood) and will not be returned. Return of any Prize/Prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner selected, time permitting. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute Prize of equal or greater value. All Prizes are nontransferable, non-assignable, nonnegotiable, and are not redeemable for cash or credit. Acceptance of Prize constitutes permission to the Sponsor and its Promotional Participants to use winner’s name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. By accepting Prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, the Participating Stores, and all other Promotional Participants, including without limitation, Stellar Jones Inc., dba: Stellar Marketing Solutions, Remington Sales and Marketing LLC dba: The Remington Group, and each of their respective, agents, representatives, directors, officers, employees and assigns, against any and all claims, damages, losses, expenses and liability arising out of acceptance or use of Prize. Entrants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Sweepstakes or the acceptance or use of any Prize. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing, the offering or the announcement of any Prize or in the administration of the Sweepstakes, and reserve the right to correct errors in promotional materials. Decisions of Sponsor will be final.
- CONSENT AND RELEASES: To the fullest extent possible in law, Participants, and on behalf of their respective heirs, executors, administrators, legal representatives, successors and assigns (“Releasing Parties”), release, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all actions, causes of action, suits, debts, dues, sums of money, accounts, reckonings, bonds, bills, specialties, covenants, contracts, controversies, agreements, promises, variances, trespasses, lost profits, indirect or direct damages, consequential damages, incidental damages, punitive or exemplary damages, judgments, extent, executions, claims and demands whatsoever, in law, admiralty or equity, whether known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, against Released Parties which any one or more of the Releasing Parties ever had, now have or hereafter can, shall or may have which in any way arise out of or result from participant’s participation, acceptance and use or misuse of any prize or any portion of any prize, including property damage, personal injury or death. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of prizes or for any suspension of the Sweepstakes or inability to implement the Sweepstakes or award prizes as contemplated herein due to any Force Majeure event as defined above).
- BINDING EFFECT: By submitting your entry you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. All federal, state and local laws apply.
- ARBITRATION AND CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest the entrant; (2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will an entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of California, USA without regard to California choice of law rules.
- GOVERNING LAW: The Universal Studios Hollywood Smart & Final Sweepstakes shall be governed by California law. By submitting an Official Entry, participants in the Universal Studios Hollywood Smart & Final Sweepstakes and any guest of each winner hereby agree that the sole and exclusive jurisdiction and venue for any causes of actions or controversies arising out of the Universal Studios Hollywood Smart & Final Sweepstakes shall be the state of federal court located in the County of Los Angeles, California courts. Each participant and any guest of each winner hereby waives any and all objections to the jurisdiction and venue of these courts.
- FORCE MAJEURE: In the event the Promotional Participants are prevented from continuing with the Sweepstakes by any event beyond their control, including, but not limited to, fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, communications or equipment failure, utility or service interruptions, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court, jurisdiction or regulator, or other cause not reasonably within their control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), the Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes. The Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes without notice or by posting a notice on the Website, in its sole and absolute discretion, it is determined that the Sweepstakes is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or any Force Majeure event(s) has destroyed or severely undermined or impaired the integrity and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes. The failure of Sponsor to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to a Force Majeure event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules.
- WINNERS LIST: For names of winners, available after November 16, 2019, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped (#10) envelope to: Universal Studios Hollywood Smart & Final Winner’s List, PO Box 1540, Garden Grove, CA 92842.
- SPONSOR: Universal Studios Hollywood, 100 Universal City Plaza, Bldg., 5511-5 Universal City, CA 91608